so I´m back. Looking a bit different know but I´m excited for the journey that is ahead of me.
So this is actually a message that Taya Smith spoke at Powerhouse, I just added some small things. It really impacted me and I hope it impacts you too.
Open up before God, hold nothing back;
he’ll do whatever needs to be done:
He’ll validate your life in the clear light of day
and stamp you with approval at high noon.
I love that Bibelverse written by David and he is actually just asking us to open our hearts up and let the light in. But how often do we do that? How often are we afraid to let other people see the depths of our heart. But you know what: God is not afraid by that, he can handle that.
In Job it says:
“Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons
or lead out the Bear with its cubs?
Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God’s dominion over the earth?
(Job 38, 31-33)
God created the universe, not only the earth but the whole universe. Why do you believe that he can´t handle your little darkness, when he drained all the darkness in the first place?
God calls us to bring our darkness into the light because then he can work on it with you. At any time in your life you will have either fear, addictions, sufferings, thoughts, mindsets, habits or friendships in your life that you hide because you are ashamed of it, but God actually wants to set you free from all that stuff so you are able to live in peace. And it´s not that you bring it once and then work it through with God and afterwards it´s done and you will never struggle with it again. No, it is a process. We are not perfect, if I would ask any of you if you are perfect nobody would answer with a yes. That´s natural. But why do we pretend to be perfect before God, he is the last who condemns us because of who we are. He loves it if we talk about all the imperfection in our lives because, guess what, he created you this way. With rejecting yourself you say to your creator: I hate what you created.
We need to keep on bringing our stuff to God and into the light over and over again, this process will never end.
4. Points to remember:
- Keep nothing/ #noshame: People should not hold you back. Taking another person as a reason that you can´t open up and bring everything to the light because you are afraid is a really bad excuse. No instead you should push even more when you think that people hold you back. Live your life to the fullest because you don’t know what you´ve got until it´s done
- Keep godly friendships: but what is a godly friendship?
– Someone who is full of the holy spirit
– Someone who is further along the story
– Someone who speaks truth into your life and doesn’t support your self gossip
– somebody who stand (with you) in prayer. You could also say you need a prayer warrior.
And why do we need godly friendships? You know the bible always talks about community, we were created in community: it was Adam and Eve and also God is community he is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. So why do we carry the darker part of ourselves alone when the bible only talks about the community.
- Keep choosing the light: We want to become more and more like Jesus, that includes obedience and humility. Did you ever recognise that when you are really close to a person you actually copy some of their habits. Imagine you would spend as much time with Jesus as you do with your best friends. What do you think would happen? Exactly, the more time we spend with Jesus the more we would become like Jesus. But we need to choose the light everyday. Make that conscious decision everyday again to live in the light with full transparency, to become more and more like Jesus.
I want to live a life that screams „Jesus“ when i don´t have to say anything
- The light is not for us: We are on this earth to build the kingdom and to champion the people and lift their heads heavenward.
For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,“ made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.
(2 Corinthians 4,5-6)
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
(2. Corinthians 4, 16-18)
So that´s it for today, love you guys.